The P&R Agency at PEEL Talent specialises in arranging Guest Speaker and Enrichment Programmes for many of the world’s leading Cruise Lines, drawing from our database of over a thousand speakers, art tutors, crafts instructors, bridge directors and choirmasters.
An accomplished and entertaining speaker, Sir Jeremy did National Service with the Royal Army Medical Corps and then, although he qualified as a Chartered Secretary, he spent his working life with a trade and technical publishing company, first as a journalist, then as Accountant, Pensions Officer and, principally, as Personnel Director, retiring early in 1994 as Human Resources Director (Europe). He spent much of the 60s and 70s negotiating with printing unions. A lifelong Conservative, he held high office at local, area and national levels and was appointed CBE for political service in 1984, surviving the Brighton bomb later that year. He was a Chief Assessor at Selection Boards for prospective parliamentary candidates. He was appointed Chairman of one of the first NHS Trusts established in 1991 and spoke frequently about the challenges of the internal market in Health. He has been a Governor of several schools and was Chairman of a Girls’ Public school for over 20 years. He is a Trustee of a major Liver Research Charity. He is Deputy County President of St John Ambulance for Kent and was made an Officer Brother of the Order of St John in 2010. He was knighted in 1994 for political and public services and serves on the Council, and is Vice-Knight President of the Imperial Society of Knights Bachelor. A Freeman of the City of London, a Liveryman of The Worshipful Company of Stationers and Newspaper Makers and a member of the City Livery Club, he enjoys wine and food, golf, reading and after-dinner speaking.
Willing to consider short-notice cruises
WELL-ILLUSTRATED TALKS ON A VARIETY OF SUBJECTS, DELIVERED WITH ENTHUSIASM AND HUMOUR!
1. ST JOHN AMBULANCE A history of the Order of St John from the Crusades to the present day, from Jerusalem via Acre and Rhodes to Malta. Work of the present-day St John Ambulance.
2. THE HONOURS SYSTEM The mechanics of the twice-yearly Honours Lists. Summary of the various Orders of Chivalry. Pictures of the Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
3. IMPERIAL SOCIETY OF KNIGHTS BACHELOR History of ISKB (founded 1908) and earlier forms of Knighthood. Details of ceremonials including the Centenary Service at St Paul’s Cathedral in the presence of HM The Queen.
4. A LIFE ON THE FRINGES OF POLITICS Personal experiences on the non-parliamentary side of politics from local branches to National Executive Committee of the Conservative Party. Anecdotes of Ted Heath, Margaret Thatcher, Downing Street, Brighton bomb, Party Conferences, etc.
5. LIVERY COMPANIES The craft guilds of London and the development of Livery Companies. The “Great Twelve” and anecdotes of ceremonies.
6. LONDON'S GENTLEMENS' CLUBS The development of London Clubs from Regency Coffee Houses and details and anecdotes of many of the principal ones.
7. HOW PARLIAMENT WORKS The layout of the Houses of Parliament, how legislation is created and the procedure by which it becomes law.