PEEL Talent specialises in arranging Guest Speaker and Enrichment Programmes for many of the world’s leading Cruise Lines, drawing from our database of over a thousand speakers, art tutors, crafts instructors, bridge directors and choirmasters.
Ken started his professional career in 1975 joining the world famous D’Oyly Carte Opera Company. Highlights of his time included two tours of North America and the companies first visit to Australia and New Zealand. In 1976 he was the youngest Stage Manager on Broadway at the age of 21. In 1980 he joined BBC TV Directing many shows specialising in Children's Drama. In 1998 he left the BBC and in the freelance world has directed many Stage shows including all the G and S titles he also was a Director of the Magic of Gilbert and Sullivan company which brought together ex D'Oyly Carte principals and choruses. Recent Theatre directing credits include Titanic, Calamity Jane ,King and I ,and Half a Sixpence Recent TV include The Mikado and Proms in the Park. In 2014 Ken was invited to take his Scenes at Sea on board MV Balmoral for the World cruise. Scenes at Sea invites passengers to form a Drama Club at sea who then perform a selection of plays. During this voyage they performed 5 plays and gave 2 play readings to large audiences. He also is a Freeman of the City of Newcastle on Tyne and also a Freeman of Trinity House.
1. Living with Auntie Ken Robertson spent over 20 years at the BBC He talks about his first days at TV centre and about all sorts of programmes from Playschool to Newsnight
2. The History of Auntie Ken gives a whistle stop History of the BBC from the early days of Radio,World War 2 and the coming of age of Television at the Coronation
3. Aunties Great Dramas Ken looks at some of the Great Drama programmes from Behind the camera including The Forsythe Saga and I Claudius
4. From Tots to Teens The History of Childrens BBC Ken worked on many childrens programmes including Blue Peter Record Breakers and Grange Hill
5. The Topsy Turvey World of Gilbert and Sullivan Part 1 Ken presents one of the greatest Theatre partnerships in the World Gilbert and Sullivan Ken was one the last Stage Managers of the D'Oyly Carte Opera company which was created to perform their works
6. The Topsy Turvey World of Gilbert and Sullivan Part 2 Ken continues the Story of Gilbert and Sullivan including the huge success of The Mikado
7. Candles to computers The History of Theatre from Victorian times to the Present day